Principles of Dispensing
Effects of pressure and time on dot size
• Decreasing either the air pressure, time duration or tip size will decrease the dot size.
• Note the effect on dot size by applying different air pressure, time settings and tip sizes.
• Thicker, more viscous liquids, such as pastes or greases, will require either more pressure, longer time or a larger size tip.
• Increasing either the air pressure, time duration or tip size will increase the dot size.
• Thinner, less viscous liquids, such as cyanoacrylates or thinners, will require less pressure, shorter time or a smaller tip size.
• Higher pressure and/or short time cycle increases the dispensing speed and provides a higher output.
• Lower pressure and/or longer time cycle improves accuracy in deposit size.